About Us - Meet the Staff
At Morning Star most teachers speak more than one language and every effort is made to ensure that there is excellent communication between your child and his/her teacher. The main medium of instruction is English and upon completion of the preschool programme at 6 years of age most of the children are able to speak English fluently, read words and often sentences too. They are also able to write clearly legible words to a high standard.
- Teachers have Montessori theory and practical qualifications awarded by accredited training institutions.
- Teachers are first aid and CPR trained and certified.
- Are committed to life-long learning and professional development and periodically attend workshops and training courses that update, refresh and expand their knowledge and skills.
- Primary and beyond teachers are qualified in their areas of expertise.
- Are members of the South African Council of Educators.